Proteomics, Metabolomics and Mass Spectrometry Facility
The mission of the facility is to seed metabolomics, proteomics and mass spectrometry technology to IDeA program research labs at Montana State University and throughout the western region. Analyses are conducted on a fee for service basis or users may requesting so they can conduct all or part of their project.
The facility houses state-of-the-art instrumentation for metabolomics, mass spectrometry and proteomics analysis, which are available on a fee/hour basis. In addition, the facility supports organic synthesis projects through high mass accuracy/high resolution mass spectrometry. No project is too large or too small. Available instrumentation includes:
- Bruker Autoflex MALDI-TOF MS with high mass modifications.
- Bruker MicroTof LC-ESI-TOF MS system that has high sensitivity with mass accuracy equipped with Agilent 1290 UPLC system.
- Agilent XCT -ESI-IonTrap MS/MS system.
- Agilent 6538- QTOF with Agilent 1290 UPLC system.
- Bruker Maxis Impact QTOF with Dionex nano RSLC dedicated for bottom-up proteomics.
- Agilent 7890 GC-MS system with NIST database available for spectrum search.
- Synapt G2-Si HDMS QTOF equipped with nano-ESI source
- Bruker LC-SPE-NMR-MS fractionation system for coupled NMR and MS analysis
- GE Healthcare Typhoon system for fluorescent dye gel imaging.
- Decyder 6.5 gel image analysis software.
- Nonlinear Dynamics SameSpots image analysis software.
- Mascot and SpectrumMill dedicated servers for proteomics data analysis.
- Progenisis QI for gel analysis
- Ten workstations for remote-in data analysis with metabolomics and proteomics software suites such as MZMine, MetaMorpheus. Progenisis QI as well as quantitative and qualitative software for Agilent, Bruker and Waters instrument data.
- Established duplicate data storage and distribution system.
The facility has modules for LC, MALDI- imaging and simultaneous multiwavelength monitoring and mass spectrometry analysis with microfraction collection available.
For questions and further information please contact
Ganesh Bala, Ph.D.
Facility Manager, email@example.com